Recover your unpaid debts and invoices from just £85
We can help recover unpaid debts and invoices, whilst protecting your working relationships with defaulting customers. We specialise in encouraging payment through communication,
we have found this approach increases recoveries and decreases the need for further action, which minimises costs, and which we see as a last resort.
We charge a fixed initial instruction fee (starting from £85*) to receive your instructions and contact your customer on your behalf. Other contact options are available should you wish to take a more commercial approach.
It’s Easy to Get Started
- Enter your details below, or call us on 01925 426 107
- We will send you our terms of engagement and ask you to fill in a 1 page instruction form
- Verify your identity digitally and pay the instruction fee
- We will send the first letter to your customer
What We Do
Offer bespoke solutions through the use of technology and contact campaigns, which creates optimum returns for our clients
Send letters designed to invite the debtor to contact us in order to address the debt
Subsequently send a letter of claim in which we claim any interest, compensation and costs recoverable along with the initial debt
Advise you of your enforcement options and issue court proceedings, should your customer not respond
- We take a commercial approach and invite your defaulting customers to provide us with information to better understand their financial circumstances in order to reach a settlement
- Your relationship with your customers is at the forefront of our minds and our business model; we operate in a way that allows you to preserve that relationship, optimising prospects of ongoing and continuous trade with defaulting customers
- We believe in a firm but fair approach – we understand the necessity of pursuing unpaid debts for your own cash flow purposes, to allow you to continue to provide services to other customers and to comply with your obligations to your own business and employees
- We enhance the relationship between our clients and their customers by offering bespoke solutions to encourage communication and a quick resolution
Restons Solicitors specialise in debt collection and litigation services provided to a range of businesses and has over 30 years’ experience in recovering debt. We find our contact campaigns encourage our client’s customers to be more forthcoming in making payment.
We have developed a contact strategy which includes a campaign of emails and text messages to encourage a response and co-operation from your defaulting customers. Our statistics show that following the implementation of our contact strategy the response rate increased by 25%. We appreciate that for many of our clients litigation is considered a last resort and we find that our contact strategies assist in minimising the prospects of litigation and dispute.
Of all the customers with whom we commenced our contact campaign, only 75% then received a Letter of Claim and only 48% resulted in proceedings being issued.
94% of our client’s customers surveyed state they are extremely, or very, satisfied with their experience with us.
Our pricing starts at just £85* for the instruction fee and initial contact with your customer. If it is necessary to send a Letter of Claim, any further costs that can be claimed from your customer, pursuant to your terms of business or the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act will be added at this time. We can also issue court proceedings and further enforcement options if your customer continues not to pay, limited to the fixed costs imposed by the Civil Procedure Rules, until the matter becomes disputed.
Our tables below show the costs you can expect to recoup from your customer, if a Letter of Claim is necessary and the costs payable at the time of issuing court proceedings, should you wish to pursue this option.
|Interest||At the rate of 8% per annum (above base rate)|
Debt: Up to £999.99 - £40 per unpaid invoice
Debt: £1,000 to £9,999.99 - £70 per unpaid invoice
Debt: £10,000 or more - £100 per unpaid invoices
|Reasonable Recovery Costs||
Debt: Up to £999.99 - £150 plus VAT
Debt: £1,000 to £4,999.99 - £300 plus VAT
Debt: £5,000 to £9,999.99 – £500 plus VAT
Debt: £10,000 to £24,999.99 – £750 plus VAT
Debt: £25,000 or more - £900 plus VAT
|NB. Where the contract provides for interest and not costs, costs cannot be claimed and we therefore reserve the right to retain any interest recovered up to the values set out in the ‘Reasonable Recovery Costs’ section above.|
|Value of Claim||Court fee
(payable on instruction)
|Fixed costs to issue proceedings
(payable on instruction)
|Fixed cost on entering Judgment
(to be billed once Judgment obtained)
|No response||Admission or Part Admission accepted|
|Up to £300||£35||£50||Up to £25||£40|
|Over £300 up to £500||£50|
|Over £500 up to £1,000||£70||£70|
|Over £1,000 up to £1,500||£80||£80|
|Over £1,500 up to £3,000||£115|
|Over £3,000 up to £5,000||£205|
|Over £5,000 up to £10,000||£455||£100||Up to £35||£55|
|Over £10,000 up to £200,000||5% of value|
* Please note, all of our costs are exclusive of VAT and this is payable in addition
Get in Touch
Fill in your details below and we will send you everything you need to get started